Saturday, December 18, 2010

Behind!


"I'm a little more behind than I thought..."

I do have a lot of stories to share and a lot of pictures to post! Hopefully I will get to them soon. They include roadkill, preg testing, butchering, and so much more. I bet you just can't wait!

This pig picture does have another meaning "behind" it. It's about our pig. He's in my freezer now.....And so far the parts of his insides are very yummy.

I also want to show you something else I've been working on for Christmas....

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house

Every creature was stirring, even the mouse.

The hay bales were stacked by the fence with great care

In hopes that the semi soon would be there.

The toddlers were nestled all snug in bunk beds

While visions of tractors danced in their heads.

And I in my apron and he in his cap

Had no time to settle down for a long winter’s nap

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter

I sprang from the kitchen to see what was the matter

Away to the porch I flew like a flash

Tore open the door, while forgetting my sash

The wind from the north, blew the new-fallen snow

Gave snowdrifts of dirt around objects below

When what to my wondering eyes should appear

But eight of our cows and not a single reindeer.

Now Clarence! Now Barry, Now Ethel, and Bertha!

On Howie, on Horace, on Bessie, and Melba!

To the top of the Hill! Back to the feed lot!

Now dash away! Dash away! Before you get caught!

Their eyes how they twinkled, their black hides were hairy

Their bellies were full of grass from the prairie.

They had broad shoulders and utters full of dairy

That shook when they walked like a bowl full of jelly

But soon they moved on, so I returned to my work

Of caning tomatoes and making dessert

.....and then came the writer's block. I can't think of how to end it. If anyone wants to give me ideas, I'll give you a free steak dinner. (You have to come up and visit us of course, but it's totally worth it.)


Chow!

Oops, I mean, Ciao!



1 comment: