Friday, March 19, 2010

More Births!

While I'm on-call for a mother expecting twins any day now, my cowboy is doing plenty of his doula work up here. There were 6 more calves born today! He said that one happened tonight when he went to do "chores." He saw her, and went over to watch. When she saw him she completely stopped pushing. I can just imagine her looking at him and saying, "Um excuse me. Can I have some privacy here?" So he left her alone and came back a few minutes later to find that her calf was born.

I asked him if cows eat their placentas. He thinks that a few have, but most of them don't. So I asked, "Then what do you do with them? Where do they go." He said, "Oh I don't ever go and get them, gross. I just leave them. That way they either dry up or the coyote's come and eat them."

Uh, c...c...c..coyotes?

coyote
This is cause for another discussion....

No comments:

Post a Comment