Monday, May 24, 2010

Horses

So I'm back! I was gone out of town, doula-ing for a while, but I came home yesterday, and everything is back to normal. :)

So I thought it might be time to introduce you to our horses. Here I have talked about the cows for a couple of months, but I have left the horses out. There's actually a reason why I did this. I couldn't see them. Here is our first conversation about the horses:

Me: Honey, where are the horses?
Him: Ouside, in front.
Me: But I looked for them, and I couldn't see them. Aren't they supposed to be in the front yard?
Him: They are down by the sewer ponds.
Me: The sewer ponds? Okay, so I know our sewer is somewhere in our front yard, but I didn't know that we had a pond. And I still can't see them. I'm looking!
Him: That's because they are down by the city sewer ponds
Me: The city sewer ponds? Why are they down there?
Him: There's more to eat. Nothing to eat up here.
Me: Why do they have sewer ponds?
Him: Every city has sewer ponds. Ours eventually run into the creek.
Me: Uh, so watch out for the creek huh?
Him: No.. it's broken down before it goes into the creek.
Me: I never knew that about sewage....

Anyway, so they were too far away to take pictures of. I kept meaning to drive down to the sewer ponds to take pictures of them, but I never did. So while I was out of town this past weekend, my husband moved the horses back into our front yard. Now I have pictures!

Bet none of you get to have a front yard fence of barbed wire. I do, because we have horses out there.
IMG_5586

This is how close they are to the front door. Not too close, but now ya know.
IMG_5580

I don't know this one's name, but here is a picture of her. I think it's a "her."
IMG_5583

I'm not sure what they do beside stand there and eat. No one rides them....and they don't get on them to herd the cattle. That's what trucks and rangers are for, right?
IMG_5588


No comments:

Post a Comment