Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where is My Husband?

Who are you?
IMG_5029

And what have you done with my husband?
Wedding Pictures 113

I've always thought my husband was smart, but he is VERY smart.
And I've always thought my husband was handy, but he can fix ANYTHING.
Also, I've always thought he was a hard worker, but he sweats in the sun and freezes in the snow now for hours on end.

I really thought I knew him well, but now that we are up here, I'm seeing a whole 'nother side of him that I guess I've always known existed, but I never really got to see. He LOVES farming. He loves the country. He loves being outside and working his brains out. And he knows so much. I had no idea all this knowledge of country life, farming, cows, machinery, gardening, tractors, you name it, was inside of him. Okay, I had a little idea, but now I'm so impressed. I'm getting used to this new him....the one that was buried inside of him while we were living in the city.

I've always thought he was great, but he is REALLY great.

There are still some things that I don't quite understand just yet. For instance, he deals with cows all day. Messy, dirty cows. He can shovel manure, wade through it all day, put his arm into a mama cow to try and reach her baby calf that's stuck, and not be grossed out at all. (While I AM!) Then he comes home and I ask him to change a diaper. This is what I hear from the back room. "Oh, sick!"... "This is nasty!"..."You stink, kid!"..."Blech!"..."Gross!" and on and on. About something so tiny from a baby. I mean, have you ever seen a cow pie? Shall I go take a picture for you? It's about as big as the head of the child he is changing.
And vomit? We can't even go there. He gets so sick at the sight that he almost pukes himself.

Hahahaha. I just don't get it! Although, I wouldn't trade him places. I don't want to mess with the dirty cows. So I'll stick around here and change diapers all day!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! I love the pictures at the top of this post ... funny. What a nice tribute to your hubby. I'm with you - I would prefer to be inside changing diapers to wading through manure any day.

    ReplyDelete