Monday, April 5, 2010

Hay, Hay, go away!

summer-hay-field-wallpapers_8751_1600x1200

So.. I got a little suspicious of Mr. Farmer the other day. I’ll tell you why. A while ago, I thought it would be fun to plan a little summer vacation. This is how it went:

Me: Can we go on a trip in July?

Him: When?

Me: The 7th through the 12th?

No answer

Me: Honey?

Him: I don’t know

Me: Well, when will you know?

Him: I don’t know. That’s when hay starts

Me: What does that mean?

Him: It’s when it starts

Me: Okay, so like, you plant it?

Him: No

Me: So what?
Him: It’s when you have to cut it and bale it

Me: Oh

Then a little while later, we were talking with his siblings about going on a trip the beginning of June…They asked us if we could go and this is how this conversation went:

Him: Well, I don’t know. I’ll have to see if the hay is up.

Me: Does “up” mean “grown and ready to harvest?”

Him: Yes.

Me: Okay, honey. Seriously. You can’t always use the hay as an excuse! You already used it for your July excuse. You said it would be “up” in July!

Him: Honey, that is because the hay grows back. It comes up two to three times a summer.

Me: …………Oh.

Yes, this post is by yours truly, the clueless farmer’s wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment