Thursday, April 8, 2010

I am Honored...

My friend came across this poem the other day. She shared it with me because it reminded her of me. I loved it so much, I thought I would share it with you too..

"Cow Worship"

I love the cows best when they are a few feet away
from my dining-room window and my pine floor,
when they reach in to kiss me with their wet
mouths and their white noses.
I love them when they walk over the garbage cans
and across the cellar doors,
and over the sidewalk and through the metal chairs
and the birdseed.
--Let me reach out through the thin curtains
and feel the warm air of May.
It is the temperature of the whole galaxy,
all the bright clouds and clusters,
beasts and heroes,
glittering singers and isolated thinkers
at pasture.

--Gerald Stern

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! (Though, for your sake, I hope that your cows stay out of your garbage cans. :))

    ReplyDelete