Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Holy Moley

Remember Moley and her kittens?

Well, here they are now...
IMG_4977


They have really quite grown! And now that they are growing, they can eat "real" food. I don't just mean cat food, I mean REAL food. Such as this:
IMG_4947

Moley is such a good mommy. Every day she catches at least one mouse for her kittens. It's really such a sweet thing to come out to my garage and find a dead, bloody mouse on the ground.
But I guess I should be grateful that Moley is such a good "mouser." And that she is teaching her children that they should aquire a taste for mouse. Maybe she will soon start teaching them to catch them by themselves. Then soon, I will probably have five dead mice in the garage.

I can just hear Moley now. "See here, children. If you want an owner to like you and keep you..."
IMG_4970

"Then you must catch one of those things often."
IMG_4972

"It's very important, children. If one of those creatures gets into your owner's house. Then they will feel you are not doing your job."
IMG_4973

"So go ahead, and try it."
IMG_4967

I'm not sure which bothers me more: Facing the reality that there are all these mice running around the outside of my house, or the new bloody skid marks across my garage....

1 comment:

  1. My dog used to catch and eat mice all the time when we lived in Utah. I was always too grossed out to touch him for a few days after I saw him eat one. I would shudder ever time he licked me. Nasty. But... once he started eating them we never caught them in the kitchen (or the rest of the house).

    ReplyDelete